The company started as a private family owned business which was established in 1943 by Costas Kythreotis in Famagusta. The company has grown from its road construction material supplying origins to be one of Cyprus’ major building materials producer and road construction business.
In 1970, Costas Kythreotis & Son Ltd was incorporated and four year later, the incorporation of C. Kythreotis Skyrodema Ltd followed. Both companies were associated with road construction and asphalt and ready mix concrete production in the Famagusta district.
In 1974, just after the Turkish invasion in Cyprus the companies’ base was relocated to Limassol and despite the difficult economic times and limited resources, restarted its operations immediately and in less than two years, also operated a new quarry in the Kornos area. In 1980 the quarry plant was relocated to Parekklisia and has been operating since.
The third company of the group, Kythromak (Asphalting) Ltd, was incorporated in 1981 and has been operating as a civil engineering contactor and asphalt producer for over 35 year.
In 2000 Costas Kythreotis & Son Ltd became a public limited company and was listed on the Cyprus Stock Exchange in 2002.
- Safety First, never compromise the safety of our employees and the public
- Excellence, striving to deliver the best
- Passion, committed and enthusiastic in all our endeavours
- Respect, is the basic rule of behavior that guides every employee in all of his or her actions
- Integrity, we will not compromise employees, customers, or our company
- Honesty and Trust, we are committed to upholding high ethical standards in all we do
- Transparency, our actions must match our words and each day we strive to earn our reputation
Health & Safety
- Ensuring a culture of care and concern through our Injury-Free Environment
- Investing in health and safety education which inspires and empowers people to work safely
- Ensuring we have effective systems in place which are adhered to consistently through our integrated business management systems
- Creating an environment to enable collaboration, open discussions and consistent communications utilising a range of channels to reach all stakeholders
Continuous Training and Development
Chairman & CEO
Andreas Pourgouras was appointed as a Non-Executive Director of the company in 2002. He has worked for Shell (UK) Oil and the Cyprus Development Bank where he retired in 2008 from the position of the Senior Manager. Andreas studied at the Univerisy of Newcastle Upon Tyne where he was awarded a B.Sc. in Chemical Engineering and then he continued his studies at Imperial College, London where he got his Masters and DIC Degree. Andros has served as a member of the Board of Directors of a Number of private and public companies including the Cyprus Development Bank.
Chief Financial Officer
Manolis Hadjimanolis studied economics and accounting at the University of Salford, Marchester, United Kingdom and in 1995 he obtained a Bachelor of Science in Finance and Accounting . In 1999, he became member of ICAEW (Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales) of the United Kingdom and member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Cyprus (ICPAC). From 1995 until 1998, he worked as auditor with Wolfson Associates in London. Then, from 1998 until 2000 he worked as senior tax associate with PriceWaterhouseCoopers in Nicosia and from 2000 until 2003 as corporate finance manager at Global Capital Ltd in Nicosia, and from 2004 until 2010 at Flagstone Alliance Insurance & Reinsurance PLC in Limassol where in 2009, he was appointed chief executive officer of the said company. Since 2010, he is a partner at Q.B.S. Qualified Business Services Limited in Limassol.
Constantinos A. Adamides
Constantinos A. Adamides studied law at the University of Warwick, U.K. and then obtained a Master of Laws (L.L.M) Degree in Tax from the King`s College of London. Since 1999, he has been practising law in Cyprus. He became a partner at the law firm of Adamos K. Adamides & Co in 1999 and since 2011 he has been a partner at the law firm of Scordis, Papapetrou & Co LLC which comprises, following a merger, the law firm of Adamos K. Adamides & Co. His main areas of practice are corporate and tax law, mergers and acquisitions, financial law, joint ventures, trust law, commercial law, immovable property law, public procurement law as well as civil and corporate litigation both at Court and Arbitration levels. He has written texts on tax policy, tax law and corporate governance and participated in seminars in Cyprus and abroad as a speaker covering issues relating to international trusts, international tax law, inward investments and corporate litigation. He is a member of the Committee for Private Companies and the Taxes Plan & Stock Exchange Committee of the Cyprus Bar Association.